Basement Seepage Flatwoods, KY
The Basement Doctor of West Virginia provides expert basement seepage preventions systems to homeowners in Flatwoods. It is important to spot issues with basement water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Water Seepage in Flatwoods, KY
Here are some ways to identify that you need basement waterproofing for your water seepage before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
Wet Basement in Flatwoods, KY
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 1-877-620-8165 for more info or to schedule an appointment.