Basement Seepage Argillite, Kentucky
The Basement Doctor of West Virginia offers expert basement seepage preventions systems to homeowners in Argillite. It is vital to recognize problems with basement water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Water Seepage in Argillite, Kentucky
Here are some ways to recognize that you need basement waterproofing for your water seepage before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another indicator of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
Wet Basement in Argillite, KY
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 1-877-620-8165 for more info or to schedule an appointment.